Monday, June 6, 2011

My new stomping grounds: Philadelphia


During the second to last weekend in May, I went down to visit my boyfriend, Matt, in Philadelphia. As you may or may not know, he was offered a new job that led him to Philly in January 2011. Ironically, this visit to Philly was a little different because I had learned just before my Ireland trip that my job agreed to transfer me to Philly! So this visit was not only to see my wonderful boyfriend, but also to visit where I would be living!
We had an excellent weeked. Of course I had a cheesesteak while I was there! Matt and I went to Monks, a Bavarian restaurant, for some yummy food and a few Bavarian beers. After that, we headed back to Manayunk and grabbed some drinks at Manayunk Tavern.

On Saturday, in the morning, we went to see one apartment in Manayunk which we both thought was great. We then walked to Main St and grabbed a yummy breakfast. A little later we went to see an apartment complex that was not so great, haha. Then we went downtown to the Rittenhouse Spring Festival and enjoyed some outdoor eats, some awesome weather, some drinks, and just a fun festive atmosphere.

Later, in the afternoon, we went back to his house and rested and later cooked a yummy and healthy dinner together. After dinner we went for wine and dessert at Cooper's wine bar.

Sunday morning we played some games of tennis where Matt beat me, as usual, unfortunately! We also practiced teaching me parallel parking which was difficult for me, but Matt was extremely patient and nice. We did some quick food shopping, and then met Caitlin for lunch in Manayunk at an Italian restaurant! We hadn't seen each other in TOO long, and Matt and Caitlin got to meet one another. After that, I had to pack up and head back to Massachusetts. It was a great weekend and really helped me get an idea of where I wanted to look for apartments, and great to spend time with Matt and see Caitlin again. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi old roomie! I live in philly so once u are all settled in send me a message! Nice to see you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete